Essex and East Herts
Life Education Essex and East Herts reaches 11,800 children in 50 schools during a normal year
Coram Life Education & SCARF are the UK's leading charity provider of PSHE and wellbeing education in primary schools.
Life Education Essex and East herts delivers education workshops throughout Essex & East Hertfordshire, Redbridge, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock, covering the Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education curriculum throughout the primary school years. High-quality, inspiring enrichment experiences develop essential life skills from Nursery to Y6. Our expert educators deliver sessions covering topics including drug use, safe and unsafe relationships, and mental health. Children remember our workshops long after they've left primary school.
Life Education offers exceptional value to schools, with affordable education workshops and a year’s subscription to online SCARF teaching resources at no extra cost. Our charity’s education team will tailor PSHE workshops to meet the needs of schools, supporting children’s emotional wellbeing and resilience, so that they can be their best.
PSHE education workshops develop children’s knowledge, skills and attitudes, consisting of:
- Educator-led, interactive, high quality workshop
- Nursery to Year 6
- Choose your workshops, emotional health & wellbeing, online safety, puberty & RSE
- Meets all requirements for the PSHE curriculum, preparing children for adolescence – take a look at our programme overview here.
Our online SCARF teaching resources are included for no additional cost and are developed by teachers for teachers. Over 50,000 subscribe to SCARF as their chosen provider of PSHE. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Fully resourced comprehensive PSHE programme with over 350 lesson plans
- Online - always up to date
- Fulfils all DfE statutory requirements for Relationships & Health Education
- Half term units of work & planning from Nursery to Year 6
- Ofsted Audit tool meeting expectations for a coherent, sequential curriculum
- Assessment tools & progression embedded
- Comprehensive free staff SCARF training and ongoing support from our educator.
New for 2021 Whole-school SCARF builds on the SCARF values of Safety, Caring Achievement, Resilience and Friendship - with a new, comprehensive and flexible toolkit to help you build on your school's approach to children and staff mental wellbeing. Whether you're new to SCARF or already using it, this toolkit will help ensure children in your school are safe, mentally well, ready for learning and able to develop the skills needed be grow into caring, respectful citizens who can achieve their full potential – these new features are included in the SCARF subscription.
Our specialist training team offers online teacher training to help schools embed or enhance the RSHE and PSHE curriculum. Low-cost and free training options can be found here. We also offer a range of free toolkits and resources to support children’s wellbeing and mental health - please take a look at our latest resources here.
Please contact us to discuss your school’s needs and to secure your dates for our visit.
The Essex and East Herts team consists of one educator: Nancy.
41 Brunswick Square
020 7520 0364
Registered Charity number 800727. Registered in England & Wales 2328941.