SCARF Terms and Conditions
SCARF copyrights are the property of Coram Life Education. As part of the online SCARF subscription the Licensor (CLE) grants to the Licensee (purchaser) the following non-exclusive rights, for use within the Licensee’s school or approved purchasing body only, and only for the period of the licence:
1) In consideration of the payment referred to on the attached invoice, the Licensor grants to the Licensee the following non-exclusive rights, for use within the Licensee’s school/other approved entity only, and only for the period of the licence.
- downloading of the SCARF resources (including on licensee’s website) ;
- printing of the SCARF resources;
- combining of the SCARF resources;
- displaying of the SCARF resources;
- distribution of the SCARF resources via electronic and/or paper media to the Licensee’s staff for educational, non-commercial use.
2) The Licensee is not permitted to reproduce, adapt or merge the SCARF resources with non-SCARF resources during or at any time beyond the licence agreement period, without prior permission.
3) No part of the Website or SCARF materials may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Coram Life Education’s prior written permission, unless this is expressly permitted within written guidance accompanying the materials.
4) The Licensee is not permitted to use the SCARF Wellbeing Survey to enter or collect personally identifiable information
5) Payment of the subscription fee shall be construed as acceptance of the terms and conditions of this licence. Should the Licensee cancel an agreed payment, or if the payment method is unsuccessful, this will be considered grounds for an immediate termination of the subscription.
6) A refund will be considered within five days of active subscription and this will usually only be in the unlikely event that the SCARF resources are incompatible with the authorised school’s computer or device.
7) The copyright for the SCARF resources shall remain the property of the Licensor. The Licensee agrees to display the following copyright notice on the first page of any supplementary electronic and/or paper material produced by the Licensee referring to SCARF resources: © 2023 Coram Life Education.
8) The licence period shall be as stated in the receipt issued to the licensee. The Licensee will be contacted prior to expiry of the licence to invite them to renew the subscription or (if the Licensee chooses not to renew) to notify the Licensee of the termination of the licence agreement from the end of the licence period.
9) The Licensee shall not assign the rights granted under the terms of this agreement to any other party at any time during or after the licence period. An exception to this undertaking by the Licensee will be made by the Licensor if the Licensee is taken over or merged with a third party, in which case the Licensee must seek written permission from the Licensor for the new entity to become the Licensee.
10) The Licensee is permitted the number of school-based subscribers pertaining to their numbers on roll. Additional licences can be purchased on request. Subscriber limits are as follows:
- X-Large (401+ pupils) up to 40 subscription users
- Large (301-400 pupils) up to 30 subscription users
- Medium (201-300 pupils) up to 20 subscription users
- Small (up to 200 pupils) up to 10 subscription users
11) The Licensor monitors SCARF activity levels at system, region, school and individual subscriber level for analytical purposes and to provide tailored support to the Licensee.
12) The Licensor may terminate this Agreement by written notice should the Licensee breach any of the terms and conditions set forth in it, such termination to be effective upon Licensee’s receipt of written notice.
13) This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England.